Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm Old

I feel as if I am old and I said something my great grandma would say. Kaelie asked me today if I pretended to have a web-show with my friends when I was a little girl. I told her no the Internet wasn't invented yet when I was alittle girl (not invented yet, are you kidding me. That is a whole generation gap. Think about that, we are all old). She then said how did I get everything that I needed to know, like how to cook , have a phone if I didn't have the Internet. She made me laugh and then made me think about when I first got the Internet back in 1999. The stats said that by the year 2000 every home would have the Internet and I thought what a joke I don't need the Internet. Now I can't live with out it. I get pretty ticked off when it is down and I'm stuck about getting information on how to cook or something. It was just something to think about.

1 comments:

Gillian said...

I'm older!
In my day, we didn't have any stinkin' internet. We had to walk to the library, up hill both ways, in the snow. We spent hours looking up books in the card catalog. We had to wait our turn with the Encyclopedias and "S" was never available. Neither was T. Then after getting yelled at by the librarian, we had to walk back home in the snow. We had no stinkin cell phones to call for rides. That's the was it was, and we liked it!!!