Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School

School started YEA!!!!!! Life has started a new routine, a busy routine. The kids seem to have had a good day on their first day.

Kaelie is in the second grade, and so far likes it. Her teacher is Mrs. Griffin. She looks like the stereotype of a really mean teacher. Kaelie is a little afraid of her, which is the first thing she has ever been afraid of. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, considering it is her teacher. Time will only tell. Kaelie picked out her outfit and had to have the black sequence shoes to go with it. She said " it almost looks Goth." I put an end to that and told her " it had pink in it and anything with pink in it is no way Goth."

Marlin is in the 5th grade and he thinks his teachers hang the moon. We are both excited about this year. He loves football and friends. He likes to wear funny t-shirt with funny sayings, but he said this morning "that the "real " Marlin is coming back." I asked him "what is the "real" Marlin." He said "the" real" Marlin wears a sport t-shirt and sport shorts. It all about comfort." What a boy, I'm all about comfort as well.





Kj is in 7th grade. JR. High!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I have had some anxiety about this all summer. I have tried to explain to him about being responsible and to listen and most importantly try to remember what the teachers are telling. He was nervous about the first day, but he did pretty good. He found his classes, opened his locker, and even brought home the important papers without his mothers help. That is one more cord Keith and I have had to cut loose. He is growing into a good young man and I'm not so worried about him today.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Kaelie has the longest little legs. She has gotten so big this summer. Your boys are studs as well. They are all adorable.

DeWitts said...

Oh my little cousins look so cute for there first day of school!

Ceri said...

Marlin is starting to look so much like KJ did at that age and KJ is starting to look like another kid! Kaelie is the most adorable gothic chick I have ever seen! You have a cute set of children!

DK said...

Timari it's Deena.... soooo fun to find your blog. Your kids are so grown up and so cute. I don't have a blog but you have to email me... we need to get together next time you come into town... dkimball311@msn.com
~Deena (Baldwin) Kimball