Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bid Farewell to Pres. George W. Bush

What a wonderful day for the kids and I. As others were celebrating a pathetic historical event, we were celebrating an end to the most historic president ever. President George W. Bush came to his home town of Midland for his farewell speech before heading to Dallas. It was such a memory maker for me and my kids. The things he has accomplished and the decisions he made as President will forever impact us. My kids and their kids will forever remember him and as they study him in history classes from here on out and will remember being there at the end. Thank you President Bush!!!

Ryan Russell, Marlin Russell, Brandon Russell, KJ Russell, (top) Kaelie Russell.
(The other Russell's are friends of mine, no relation)
Michelle Russell and ME!!!

The Future Ms. Republican

The boys listening to his farewell speech.

The beauty of a great zoom lens. Let's you be on the front row.



A little love look to Laura Bush as he told her " I can't wait for Laura's home cooked meals, ---sort of".


A little bit of the 30,000 people there celebrating.

In deed, I'm raising little republicans!! Is there any other way then the "Right" way.

Marlin and Brandon
Marlin listing to the Gatlin Brothers.

KJ wishing Carrie Underwood would hurry and preform.
Kaelie just looking pretty!!!

The President's airplane flying by before landing.
Look real close it says "The United States of America".
The swat team and sharp shooters on top of the buildings. This is a 20 story building and I found him.


Maybe he found me???


They're looking for the bad guys.

Lots of extra on hand personal.
Midland and Odessa Firemen.

Secret Service Man. He wouldn't talk to me I asked him to let me see his little watch thing that they talk into. He just said " no mam', I can't do that".

I'm proud to be an AMERICAN.

Texas Rangers were all on their horses. Only in TEXAS. Got to love TEXAS!!!

Where all the going on took place.

8 comments:

FishinFamily said...

How cool!!! I am glad you got to see Pres and Mrs. Bush!!! All I got to see was the other guy ...all...day...long...It was a little like Chinese torture. I want my TV back!

♥Stef said...

Holy smokes! Sorry. The above comment was from me. I forgot I was signed in as my friend because I just did her blog!!

Michelle said...

I loved the secret service man the most!!!!

Ceri said...

I am so glad that someone did something yesterday that will actually we a postive experience in their life, something that they will want to remember! We will miss you George W!

DeWitts said...

What an awesome mom you are. I bet your kids will always remember that.

Heidi said...

NICE JOB! I THINK THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL. I WISH I WAS THERE TO SEE U AND THAT. YOU KIDS R LUCKY. AND CUTE. NO SCHOOL, AND SEE THE PRES.

Gillian said...

Okay, now I'm just jealous!

Shel said...

Hi Timari, It's Shelley, How totally amazing! You guys rock! We wish we could've been there, too! We'll miss "W" and Laura. That was fantabulous that you guys got to go check out the festivities and got such great photos.

Take care and I agree... we gotta raise our kids 'R'ight!!!

love,
Shel-